The Sheltie owners “bible,” now in a brand new third edition, has been split into Vol. I and II. Vol. I includes 13 chapters especially for the new or prospective owner of a Shetland Sheepdog. It’s filled with practical information from understanding the breed Standard, the Sheltie’s personality and selecting a puppy to caring for the senior companion, Sheltie Talk is a how-to book from beginning to end.
You’ll learn about:
• the breed standard, correct structure, and gait
• the breed’s origin, history, famous dogs and kennels through the years
• how to predict how large or small a Sheltie will be
• shaping the puppy’s ear carriage for that perfect tulip ear
• how to groom, care for, administer first aid, Feed and House your Sheltie
• Inherited conditions you should be aware of, plus diseases, medical care and immunizations
• basic training and house manners every Sheltie should know
• how to give your Sheltie puppy a head start for his chosen career
• the versatility of the breed and the performance events or work in which they excel
And there’s much more. Every topic is covered in depth, with current information and step-by-step illustrations, approximately 100 photos, many in full color. Charts, Selected References, 168 Pages, 8.5 X 11 Inches, On Quality Matte-Finish Paper.
List Price $19.95.
ISBN 978-1-57779-107-2 To purchase your copy, visit Alpine Publications, Inc.
COMING SOON — VOL. II: SHOWING, HERDING, BREEDING, GENETICS, PUPPY CARE & EVALUATION